So things have been a little crazy this month, but overall they are finally getting to a place where I can manage. I didn’t say they were slowing down, just that things were manageable.
Down to business…
- All Things Xamarin at Microsoft Ignite 2019 : As always, I am a fan of mobile development, and it was interesting to see the new announcements at Ignite.
- Use C# 8 In Any .NET Project Today : C# really is probably my favorite language, I appreciate how versatile it is.
- Building Modern Cloud Applications using Pulumi and .NET Core : Interesting to see this, although I’m going to do more research on how they implement it and pros and cons vs terraform.
- Azure Container Registry: preview of repository-scoped permissions : Really like seeing the enhancements in secret in the cloud PaaS offerings for K8s, so seeing this is a nice touch.
- FedRAMP Moderate Blueprints helps automate US federal agency compliance : Blueprints really are a great offering and one people should consider whether you need compliance or not as some of the controls are universal.
Audio / Video:
- Working with Entity Framework & Docker : Really interesting to see this video on how entity framework can be implemented with Docker. Always been a fan of entity framework.
- Azure Machine Learning Studio : Really interesting to see more work done in the space of demystifying AI.
- New YouTube Series: Computer things they didn’t teach you in school : I’ve always liked Scott Hanselman, and the educator in me loves that he’s doing this.
- Clustering point data in Azure Maps : Azure Maps continues to make it very easy to implement solutions that allow options for visualizing and using geo-spatial data.
- Introduction to Azure Data Studio Notebooks : Love seeing this movement to leverage notebooks around big data.
So Disney+ launched, and I think its a toss-up as to who was more excited, me or my kids. But along with it came “The Mandalorian”, which mixes the western / crime genre with star wars. What’s not to love. Going to watch the mandalorian tonight. So excited!